Do you have a relevant qualification in writing/communications/marketing/media/PR? Do you have strong copywriting skills? This is a great time to join a leading creative manufacturer, retailer & wholesaler for prestigious worldwide brands.
Working in a rapidly expanding, passionate, team of 8 within the Marketing Department, you will be responsible for all printed and digital editorial produced by the Marketing Team such as magazines, consumer booklet, core catalogue, trade catalogue, flyers, press releases, emails, blog, web graphics, consumer and trade website. Writing punchy and clever, error-free copy, critique and proof their own writing with a keen interest in new trends.
This brand-new position offers a creative, fun team environment, paying up to £22K with free parking – based in Verwood.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Copywriter:
- Writing raw copy for publications and press releases
- Subbing and proof-reading all Marketing content; to ensure it is error-free and consistent with the Marketing Team’s editorial style guide
- Fact-checking copy in every piece of literature we produce, including prices, descriptions and product codes
- Building and maintaining PR relationships and coverage to meet the needs of the business, including collating content for PR coverage
- Being a point of contact for all licensed content and ensuring all changes and feedback are actioned before work is published
- Collating print specification and quantity requirements and liaising with external partners for printing quotes
- Co-ordinating all step content: from proofing the project how-to instructions to being the ‘hands’ explaining how to do the pre-made steps in photography or where necessary
- Maintaining the Marketing Team’s editorial style guide, whilst providing editorial feedback and guidance to all team members, as and when required
- Maintaining the Marketing schedule to ensure deadlines are set and achieved, and chasing any late copy
- Working with the Marketing Team to come up with themes for consumer publications and on-trend project ideas for print and digital that reflect new product launches and core product. You will need to take ownership of this process through detailed excel spreadsheets and the organisation of team meetings
- Write and commission all project briefs, send the relevant product samples as agreed in the brief to freelancers, provide detailed feedback and ensure content is received on time and to specification.
- Liaise with the Product Team to ensure the timely arrival of product samples for commissioning
Personal Attributes of the Marketing Copywriter:
- Degree educated or equivalent (PR, Media, Journalism, Marketing discipline)
- Demonstrable experience of working in PR role or related experience
- Commercial copy writing experience with an ability to write for multiple channels
- Confident and flexible when working to brand style guides
- Exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills to ensure delivery of work on time and of the highest standard
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Pro-active self-starter and confident decision maker
- Able to take direction, constructive feedback and support senior members of staff
- A creative eye, ability to think outside of the box and stay on top of current trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary of up to £22K D.O.E
- Mon – Thurs 9.00am– 5.15pm Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Team nights out
- Free Parking
- 28 days Holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Creative, flexible working environment