Have you worked for an MSP? Do you have experience providing installation, integration and support services for voice/data/networking solutions?
Working for a leading UK IT Service provider, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of unified communication solutions especially with Cisco Networks and telephony Solutions.
This brand-new opportunity offers a generous salary of £65k + overtime + car allowance, progression opportunities, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking – based in Reading.
Responsibilities of the Communications Consultant:
- To provide installation, integration and support services in Unified Communications.
- Project delivery of the data, voice and networking environments for clients
- As a key part of the role you will be working closely with the support team, Sales/Pre-sales as a subject matter expert (SME) in any or all the technologies described in order to deliver excellent support and service as part of support and project teams.
- The role will predominately involve working with and implementing Cisco Networks and Cisco IP Telephony solutions, in addition Microsoft and other third-party products / applications are necessary to provide a comprehensive integrated communications infrastructure.
- Maintain awareness of the technology trends in this arena, together with a good working knowledge of existing and new products / applications.
- This role will involve both office and field-based activities to prepare equipment for installation and then perform onsite installation and testing. Travel throughout the UK will be required to perform this function as well as being on site for periods of time.
- Assess and recommend architectural designs/changes to systems in conjunction with the Voice Platform Architect/Head of Voice Services in response to performance issues, growth requirements etc.
- Work closely with third party vendors (e.g. Enghouse Interactive, Cisco, Microsoft, etc. to name but a few) to facilitate effective and efficient problem resolution within agreed SLA’s
- Working with vendors to maintain, measure and manage Voice/VOIP/WAN/LAN technologies
- Maintain, measure and manage all CPE and endpoints
- Creation and provision of capacity and availability reports as required
- Manage, monitor and maintain network optimisation devices
Personal Attributes of the Communications Consultant:
- BS degree or with experience in telecommunication and networking in the areas of Operations, Technical Sales, or Customer Support.
- An understanding of cloud-based services, telecommunications and contact centre.
- Knowledge of a typical Service Provider process and systems works, the needs of their end users, and an understanding of the Software as a Service business model.
- Demonstrated technical and Customer Service skills to not only resolve customer issues, but also show understanding and empathy to build relationships, and promoted industry leading customer satisfaction.
- Experience with VOIP technology and terminology including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), Codecs, Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), DNS, UDP, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with Linux system admin and network analysis and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of functions in SIP Telephony and unified communications service delivery such as IP network architecture, QoS, IP phones, routers, provisioning, device management, and desktop and mobile software.
- Valid UK driving licence, together with car
- Cisco qualifications CCNA/CCDA
- Desirable – Current and Valid MCSE preferably with Exchange elective.
Whats in it for you?
- Very generous salary £65k + overtime + Car Allowance
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunties
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service – 4x salary
- Pension – match up to 3%
- Bonus Scheme – TBC
- Dress down Fridays
- Employer sponsored volunteering
- Eye tests