This is an extremely exciting time to join a bespoke manufacturing company, working on some of the very top names in the worlds of design, architecture, restaurants, hotels & luxury boats!
You will be working as part of a highly experienced team predominantly office based with some site visits across the UK. Take full responsibility of a selection of projects for a prestigious client in the hospitality/hotel industry. Excellent communication skills are key to this role as is thinking commercially and identifying solutions.
Working for a prestigious, stylish & successful company…. this fantastic opportunity offers a professional, friendly atmosphere, stunning purpose-built factory/offices, structured career progression, free parking, and a salary of circa £50K – based in Poole.
The responsibilities of the Commercial Manager / QS:
- Deliver accurate and meaningful cash flow & cost forecasting information.
- Provide regular cost to complete and CVR reporting.
- Provide and maintain procurement and information received schedules.
- Place all orders with the relevant appendices, information, payment terms etc. and issued in a timely manner to avoid delays on site.
- Contribute to relevant project procurement strategies with particular reference to:-
- Issuing tender enquiries
- Package reconciliations
- Production of sub-contract orders / letting in accordance with the buying document.
- Maximise project value by effective management of sub-contract with a positive cash profile.
- Manage and complete relevant sub-contract and main contract contractual records including the production of timely interim and final account information with variation management.
- Demonstrates understanding of client and consultant drivers – clarity on client expectation and requirements.
- Comply with company policies and best practices.
- Makes good quality decisions and understands the importance of making profit and maximises opportunities and minimises risks.
- Agree progress claims with the client’s representative and invoice.
- Measurement and valuation of sub-contractor and company accounts.
- Attend pre-start and progress meeting with project team.
- Provide monthly reporting information for the Project Review Meeting.
Personal Attributes of the Commercial Manager / QS:
- Measurement and valuation.
- Sub-contract orders and vendor buying principles.
- Knowledge of obligations under contract, sub-contract, claims, loss and expense.
- Administration of contract methods.
- Experience with Build and final fit out
- Commercial skills, maximising value recovery, cost control and cash management.
- Ability to use / understand financial reports and final accounts.
- Ability to form and develop relationships
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively with site management and rest of the team.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary – circa £50K depending on experience
- 22 days annual hols plus bank hols
- Christmas shutdown which equates to 2 full weeks in and around Christmas and the New Year.
- Std working hours 41.25hrs per wk. 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri.
- Pension with employer’s contribution.
- Life and injury insurance.
- Statutory sick pay & paternity pay
- Business travel expense reimbursed
- Tea & Coffee and hot beverage drinks and chilled water provided free to all office employees.
- Gateway to personal career progression in line with business objectives and goals.
- Automatic inclusion into the company annual pay review following completion of minimum of 12mths of service.
- Open door policy to allow creative approach to project delivery.
- Free Parking