Do you want to work for a highly successful, forward-thinking Manufacturing company? Would you like to work just 4 days per week and have Fridays off? If you are an enthusiastic and driven individual with an outstanding work ethic, please APPLY TODAY!
As an integral part of the production team, you will be required to manufacture parts to a high tolerance on part machined parts as well as raw materials. You will also be expected to take an active role in continuous improvement of quality, products, and procedures within the purchasing department.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this brand-new CNC Turner role offers a competitive hourly rate of circa £17.71 (negotiable) + over time available at 1.5, friendly team environment, 4-day week – NO FRIDAYS, free parking & flexible working hours based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the CNC Turner:
- Working on a Citizen Sliding Head machine, using Fanuc based operating software on a daily basis, machining to very strict tolerances
- Work as part of a small team that sees a great variety of components pass through the Machine shop
- To ensure safety and quality procedures are adhered to and assist in the improvement of processes
- Timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines
- Produce work to the highest quality standard
- To always ensure that work is carried out to the highest standards, and in a timely manner, in accordance with company procedures
- To take an active role in company initiatives such as continuous improvement, quality initiatives and new manufacturing systems and processes as they are introduced.
Personal Attributes of the CNC Turner:
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a time served Engineer/Machinist/Toolmaker with a proven track record in the relevant industry
- Good teamwork and machining capability is essential to achieve the best results in a growing business
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Experienced in CNC Turning including setting/operating sliding head machines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise your workload
- The ability to work as part of a team is important
- You should also be reliable, able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, new methods and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – circa £17.71ph (negotiable depending on experience)
- 4-day week (Monday to Thursday only) No working Fridays
- Flexible working hours (9.5-hour days – you can choose your shift)
- Hour’s example: 5:30am till 3:30pm / 6am till 4pm / 7:30am am till 5.30pm (NO FRIDAYS OR WEEKENDS)
- Overtime available at 1.5
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)