This is an extremely exciting time to join a bespoke joinery company, working on some of the very top names in the worlds of design, architecture, restaurants, hotels & luxury boats!
You will be working as part of a highly experienced team fitting out high end, bespoke interiors for luxury retail & hospitality clients in London and surrounding areas. Attending the yard based in Poole, loading your van with the required Joinery and driving to site to install. You will be expected to stay away occasional for up to 1 week with all expenses paid.
Working for a prestigious, stylish & successful company…. this fantastic opportunity offers a professional, friendly atmosphere, stunning purpose-built factory/offices, structured career progression, free parking, and a salary of £13ph with overtime available at higher rates – based in Poole.
The responsibilities of the Carpenter / Site Fixer:
- To sign in and out of the site on a daily basis, attend site inductions and comply with Site Safety rules.
- Assist in setting up and securing the site as directed by the Site Manager
- Assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles/deliveries and ensure all materials etc. are stored in a safe manner.
- Ensure that all plant, equipment and tools used on site are set up correctly and that your work area is clear at all times.
- Undertake fit out activities as directed by the Site Manager and ensure this work is carried out to the highest standard and to approved drawings.
- Inform the Site Manager or Contract Manager of issues relating to the fit out that will have an impact on the dimensions etc. of the job.
- Ensure a high level of general housekeeping is maintained on site and that all plant, equipment and tools etc. are stored & secured safely.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients, customers, members of the public, centre management etc. and understand the values of Customer Care.
- Drive company and hired vehicles in safe manner and within the legal requirements/speed limits etc. at all times and report any vehicle defects immediately.
- Complete time sheets correctly and honestly, have them signed off by the Site Manager and return to office for processing/payment.
- Complete travel, accommodation and miscellaneous expense claims correctly and honestly and return to office for processing by the following Monday.
- Co-operate with management on all aspects of health and safety and assist in assessing workplace risks.
- FULL JD AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Personal Attributes of the Carpenter / Site Fixer:
- Previous experience installing high quality joinery
- Driving license
- Willing to travel and stay away for approx. 1 week at a time as required
- Possess own hand tools and cordless drills (Client will provide all other tools necessary)
- CSCS card (or trade background to gain this qualification)
- Ability to confidently converse with clients / contractors etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary – £13ph with overtime available at higher rates
- Mon – Friday 41.25hours
- Some weekend working on certain projects
- Overtime available with higher rates paid – average working 50/60 hours
- All expenses paid
- Working alongside a talented team
- Pension / Auto Enrolment