Are you a driven, enthusiastic, mechanically minded candidate? You will be responsible for building large units made up of both mechanical and electrical parts for a world-renowned Engineering company with an exciting future? This amazing opportunity offers a fun team environment, structured career progression, starting salary of £18k – £20K, Free parking + fantastic company benefits, based in Andover.
Responsibilities of the Trainee Technician:
- Assembly of mechanical components using multiple fixing methods and standard and specialist tooling eg. torque drivers, air drivers, bespoke test equipment
- Read and understand engineering specifications / instructions / Drawings
- Skilled use of hand and power tools within assembly processes
- Wiring connections and the use of crimp tools
- Soldering using electrical soldering equipment
- Drilling and tapping holes using power and manual tools
- Carry out tests in accordance with manufacturing instructions following suitable training
- To be flexible and work in all areas of the business including stores, service pick/pack/despatch and peroxide filling and bottling.
Personal Attributes of the Trainee Technician:
- To be driven by quality and customer satisfaction
- To work well as part of a close team as well as individually motivated
- Comfortable using basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to read work instructions and drawings.
- To be flexible and work in all areas of the business.
- Physically fit to carry out manual assembly operations including lifting, kneeling, bending , standing for long periods
- Good manual dexterity and eyesight (with spectacles if worn) and colour vision
What’s in it for you? :
- £18k – £20k
- Structured career progression + pay rises
- World class training on offer
- Free parking
- Monday – Thursday 8am to 5pm & Fridays 8am to 1pm
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per annum to maximum of 25 days holiday.
- After 5 years’ service, holiday increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days.
- Birthday Bonanza – a day off on your birthday, or the nearest weekday in additional to your holiday entitlement.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3% / employer 6%)
- 3x salary annual life assurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Chance to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company.