Working in a team of 15 Assemblers you will be responsible for the assembly and testing of spindles and components plus any other duties deemed appropriate by your supervisor. You will also be expected to take an active role in continuous improvement of quality, products and procedures.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this brand-new Assembly role offers a friendly team environment, salary of up to £28k, 4-day week – NO FRIDAYS, Free Parking & flexible working hours + over time available at 1.5– Based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Assembly Technician:
- To safely use all materials, processes and tools in the assembly and test of spindles and components. You will work from drawings and process control documents, in accordance with production schedules and other agreed timescales.
- To ensure that at all times work is carried out to the highest standards, and in a timely manner, in accordance with company procedures.
- To develop good working relationships within own section and with other sections/departments.
- To take an active role in company initiatives such as continuous improvement, quality initiatives and new manufacturing systems and processes as they are introduced.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies.
- To carry out any other tasks requested within capability.
Personal Attributes of the Assembly Technician:
- High level of manual dexterity, and good attention to detail.
- Ability to read technical drawings an advantage.
- Accurate data entry, good working knowledge of excel essential.
- A good understanding of MRP systems an advantage.
- The ability to work as part of a team is important.
- You should also be reliable, able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, new methods and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – up to £28k
- 4-day week (Monday to Thursday only) No working Fridays
- Flexible working hours (9.5 hour days – you can choose your shift.
- Hours example: 5:30am till 3:30pm / 6am till 4pm / 7:30am am till 5.30pm (NO FRIDAYS OR WEEKENDS)
- Overtime available at 1.5
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)