Assembly Operative – £17K
Do you want to work for a highly successful, forward thinking UK manufacture? Are you an enthusiastic worker with an outstanding work ethic happy working within an engineering environment?
You will be responsible for the assembly of small engineering parts across 8/10 different stations.
This exciting new opportunity offers a friendly team, excellent training, salary of £17,000, based in Verwood.
Responsibilities of the Assembly Operative:
- As a member of the Production Team to produce products to the requisite quality standard in line with the production schedule and associated drawings/specifications.
- Following procedures for setting up automated, semi-automated and single use welding machines, as well as feeding back any changes to the set-up parameters to ensure consistency of product quality.
- Support all aspects of ‘Secondary Manufacturing Operations’, including pneumatic & manual fly-presses, thread tapping machines and other low-level sub-assembly processes.
- To make sure that production materials and machines are used safely and efficiently.
- To minimise any waste of resources, such as materials, consumables and time.
- To make constructive observations and suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- To support and maintain lean and 5S housekeeping activities.
- To support the goods receipt and despatch functions of the business as and when required.
Personal Attributes of the Assembly Operative:
- Good IT & Maths skills
- Can work well within a diverse team
- Reliable hard worker
- Has good dexterity
- Is willing to embrace change
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £17K
- Hours =Mon–Thu= 8am – 4:15am and Friday 8am-3pm
- Fantastic working environment
- Excellent training
- 20 days holiday, increasing by 1 per year up to 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Location = Verwood