This is the perfect chance for an energetic, confident IT professional to join a busy Service Desk in a global Engineering company.
Working in a fun, dynamic team of 14, you will be the first point of contact for customers. You will be responsible for monitoring the first line queue for new incidents and requests, taking ownership of relevant reported incidents as well as handling phone calls, seeing incidents through to escalation or resolution.
This opportunity offers a highly competitive salary of up to £21,500, training, & Free Parking, based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the 1st Line Service Desk Technician:
- Monitor incidents and ensure that the appropriate action is being taken to meet SLA.
- Update customers by telephone, e-mail or portal on the progress of a support call or to ask for additional information.
- Contact third parties to log support calls, get updates on open support calls or request technical support.
- Carry out remote diagnostic tests, checks and fixes when incidents are logged by customers.
- Assisting in internal and external customer report generation.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks relating to implementation projects, support projects or support administration
- Regularly update open tickets in the ITSM tools
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Work in a support team delivering remote support covering 0700-1900 on a rotating shift, totalling 37.5 hours per week.
- Ability and confidence to work independently as well as part of a team
- Contribute to Knowledge Management within the business in the form of documentation creation
Personal Attributes of the 1st Line Service Desk Technician:
- A customer orientated approach is critical for this role
- A general technical understanding and familiarity with Microsoft applications
- One year of experience in a Service Desk or a Customer Support environment would be a distinct advantage
- An understanding of ITIL and its objectives would be an advantage
- A basic technical understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £18,500 – £21,500
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 37 ½ hour week. Covering between 8am – 7pm Monday to Friday (No weekends)