Have you ever wondered what questions get asked when interviewing for a job at one of the world’s biggest brands in history?! We know that interview questions are designed to be tough and thought provoking, so it’s not surprising to discover some of the questions asked at an interview for one of the most prestigious companies known to us, but some questions you wouldn’t find the answer to on Google!
How many from below can you answer?
1. “How much does the Empire State Building weigh?” — Solutions Consultant candidate
2. “Explain what RAM is to a five year old.” — Apple Genius candidate
3. “How does an airplane wing work?” — Lead Systems Engineer candidate
4. “Give me 5 ways of measuring how much gasoline is in a car.” — Hardware Engineering candidate
5. “If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it?” — Software Engineer candidate
6. “How would you break down the cost of this pen?” — Global Supply Manager candidate
7. “Explain to an 8 year old what a modem/router is and its functions.” — At-Home Advisor candidate
8. “How many children are born every day?” — Global Supply Manager candidate
9. “How would you test your favourite app?” — Software QA Engineer candidate
10. “A man calls in and has an older computer that is essentially a brick. What do you do?” — Apple Care At-Home Consultant candidate
11. “Are you smart?” — Build Engineer candidate
12. “What are your failures, and how have you learned from them?” — Software Manager candidate
13. “Tell me something that you have done in your life which you are particularly proud of.” — Software Engineering Manager candidate
14. “Are you creative? What’s something creative that you can think of?” — Software Engineer candidate
15. “Describe a humbling experience.” — Apple Retail Specialist candidate
16. “Why did Apple change its name from Apple Computers Incorporated to Apple Inc.?” — Specialist candidate
17. “You seem pretty positive, what types of things bring you down?” — Family Room Specialist candidate
18. “What was your best day in the last 4 years? What was your worst?” — Engineering Project Manager candidate
19. “Why do you want to join Apple and what will you miss at your current work if Apple hired you?” — Software Engineer candidate
20. “How would you test a toaster?” — Software QA Engineer candidate
Apple are known for their innovations and in order to keep this up they need to hire creative geniuses, so it really doesn’t come as a surprise that these are the type of questions asked. It’s not only Apple that ask outlandish questions, see our article here for the toughest interview questions for 2016.